2015 Alice-Toxaway Trail Work Vacation Debrief
We are thrilled with the work our volunteers accomplished during this Epic trail work vacation in the Sawtooth Wilderness.
Our amazing volunteer crew along with a Forest Service Wilderness Ranger got this staggering list of accomplishments done!
- 10-ITA Volunteers contributed 400 hours of volunteer time.
- Cleared 7 trees from the trail within Wilderness.
- Resurfaced 1500 feet of trail through talus slope.
- Brushed 2.5 miles of trail.
- Removed rocks from 3 miles of trail.
- Cleaned/rebuilt 83 water bars.
- Cleaned 9 drains/creek crossings.
- Built 150 feet of rock retaining wall for 2 trail realignments.
- Rehabbed 150 feet of trail at realignments.
- Built 20 foot approach ramp for bridge.
- Picked up and packed out 30 pounds of trash from Twin Lakes area.
Here are some photos of the crew and the work they accomplished.
A BIG THANK YOU goes out to the Sawtooth National Forest Service, The Sawtooth Society, REI, Cabela’s, and our volunteers for making this trail work vacation such a success!